Decide when you'd like to visit Edinburgh by checking these seasonal weather details:
- Winter, from December to February, is quite cold: temperatures are not so low, but wind and humidity can increase the sensation of cold.
- Snowfalls are quite rare, and generally not abundant. However, the season in which snow can fall is long, and runs from November to April.
- In spring, from March to May, the temperature slowly rises, and Atlantic fronts become a bit less frequent. In May, it is often still quite cold.
- Summer, from June to August, is cool, with quite frequent rains.
- Autumn, from September to November, is gray, cloudy and rainy, and with each passing week, it gets progressively colder.